Want to learn how to add YouTube videos to WordPress? Whether you just want to start embedding other people’s videos in your own content or you’ve got a YouTube channel that you want to integrate into your WordPress site, we have three unique ways to integrate YouTube with WordPress that go beyond the standard YouTube embed.
The reasons to add YouTube videos to WordPress are many. For example:
- You can introduce website visitors to your YouTube channel, and vice versa.
- High-quality videos make your website that much more impressive and provide extra content and value for your visitors.
- Adding videos to your site can actually increase traffic, and offer a number of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) benefits.
Three ways to add YouTube videos to WordPress
Simply placing a single YouTube video on your website is very simple. All you need to do is navigate to a page or post, and click on Add Media:
Select the Insert from URL button, and paste in the URL for the video. Save your changes, and it will be embedded in your content. People can watch the video on your page, or click the YouTube button to visit its original location. This works for any video – not just the ones you’ve created.
This method is perfectly functional. However, there are several more interesting ways to add YouTube videos to WordPress using plugins. Let’s explore each method one by one.
1. Use a dedicated YouTube widget for more flexibility
The above process lets you embed a standard YouTube video in a text widget. However, what if you want to further customize its appearance and features?
The free YouTube Widget Responsive plugin lets you embed videos in widgets with lots of added flexibility for your video functions.
2. Add your YouTube channel to your site
Rather than simply embedding a few videos into your website, you may want to feature your whole channel. This is a perfect way to show off your entire body of work and encourage visitors to check you out on YouTube.
3. Create a gallery of YouTube videos
Instead of displaying all the videos from your channel, you may want to create a gallery of specific content. A video gallery can be an attractive addition to your site, and setting one up is possible with the aptly-named Video Gallery plugin.